Millennium Love Summary 1-35
First, I apologize for the tremendously long delay since I posted chapter 35. I certainly didn't plan on taking six and a half months to get the next chapter out, but my slow recovery, real life and writer's block all played a part in the delay. BUT, the good news is, chapter 36 is just on finished. I only have to finish Brian's version and format both versions for HTML. I will be sending them to the archivist on Sunday!
Remember: THIS IS COMPLETELY FICTIONAL! I don't know the Backstreet Boys and have no idea about their sexuality. This is simply a story!
Meanwhile, because of the long delay, I have tried to briefly summarize some of what has happened in the story so far. (It isn't easy summarizing nearly 150 word pages into 1 page of text!) But here is what I came up with for chapters 1 to 35 of Millennium Love.
BTW the time line...the story begins in October of 1998. Chapter 35 takes place in September of 1999.
- Scott, a web administrator and Brian meet when Scott rescues Brian from a mob of fans in Toronto. They have dinner with the rest of the band, and realize there is a strong attraction. After deciding to try a long distance relationship, Brian meets Scott's family at Thanksgiving dinner.
- A seven-week separation ends when Scott joins Brian and his family for the American Thanksgiving. They make love completely for the first time at a small cabin on the Littrell property.
- After an encounter with Nora, a girl who gave Brian her plane ticket, Scott and Brian have their first fight, but make up quickly. Another six-week separation looms until Scott can join Brian for New Years in Orlando. However, with the help of Scott's closest friend, Drew, Brian surprises Scott in New York for Scott's December 7th birthday.
- New year's brings Scott, his younger sister Sheri, and friend Drew to Orlando. Sparks fly between Sheri and Kevin, and Drew and AJ. Both couples decide to try relationships.
- At the rehearsal for the New Year's concert, Scott gets his first meeting with Ray, one of the Backstreet dancers who constantly bothers Brian.
- The singers and their new friends, including Nora, celebrate the New Year at home.
- An idea begun by Scott and worked through with Kevin, allows Scott to join the band on tour and develop individual web pages for each of the singers. He joins up with the tour in Germany. He arranges to spend two days alone with each of the singers in order to create pages unique for each man.
- As the tour progresses, Scott and Nick begin a friendly war of practical jokes. Valentines Day is nearly ruined by a promotional plan, but Scott makes it special for Brian, and AJ too, when Drew arrives.
- For Brian's birthday, Scott plans a romantic evening in Venice.
- Near the end of the European tour, a bet with Nick, forces Brian to go up the Eiffel Tower. The guys all give him their support, but at a press conference the next day an over anxious reporter tries to make it look like Brian and AJ are dating. This puts more pressure on Brian and Scott and creates problems when Brian withdraws, refusing to go out with Scott in public. The situation worsens when the tour moved on to Australia and Asia.
- A one-week break over the Canada Day and July 4th week helps calm things. Brian apologizes for his behavior and gives Scott a promise ring for the future.
- Despite hopes for a better North American tour, things get tense again when MTV shows the Paris press conference, allowing rumors to start again.
- The band is shocked when they find out their friend Nora had been attacked and raped. They dedicate a concert to her and Scott pays her a visit, delivering a tape of the concert.
- When Scott returns from visiting Nora he has an encounter with Ray, who manages to put doubts in Scott's mind. Ray's words, combined with Brian's withdrawal, lead Scott to take a break and go home for a couple of weeks.
- Scott's plan to surprise Brian two weeks later backfires when he witnesses a drunken Ray kissing Brian. Not realizing the truth of the scene, Scott drives recklessly away and a train strikes his car.
- Scott goes into a coma. His parents blame Brian and ban Brian from seeing Scott, pretending that it was Scott's choice. Brian falls apart until Scott regains consciousness and asks to see him. Brian and Nick fly to Toronto where Scott's parents try to prevent Brian's visit. Nick intervenes and Brian is allowed to see Scott. He explains what Scott witnessed and mentions that Ray was fired. They declare their love for each other and Scott tells Brian he will rejoin the tour when his injuries heal.